[Win98 Setup Bug]
This build achieves many new features:
- There are three new modules implemented. These are:
- Zlib module that can compress and uncompress any string or can handle
- Hash module that allows the BASIC programmer to handle hashes in memory.
- GD module that helps you easily generate PNG pictures.
- External preprocessors can be configured and are automatically executed
by ScriptBasic. In case you want to use this feature read the manual carefully
to learn how to configure the preprocessors. Internal preprocessors are still in
experimental state and will change in the future. However external preprocessors
are powerful and easy to implement. The example provided with the code allows you
to write HTML embedded basic code similar to Microsoft Active Server Pages basic scripts.
But it also works on any UNIX. The fine point is that the preprocessor is written in
ScriptBasic as well.
- New string handling functions were introduced like Instr, Replace and so on.
Read the manual for further information.
- Cache handling is fine tuned. Now you should be very unlucky to have two different files
with two different names using the same cache file. Old version cache files created by
earlier version of ScriptBasic do not cause problem any more.
- The binary format files now inherit the start line under UNIX. This means that you can start
the internal binary format version without writing scriba in front of it. This
also means that you can deliver your CGI application without the source code.
- Bug fixes. (If you know any more, please report.)
Report of any other bug is appreciated.
- syntaxer.pl creates defined symbols that contain the $ sign. This causes problem under Solaris as
it was reported by Martin Renner. We have incorporated his fix and will be available in build19. Until that
you can apply
#diff syntaxer.pl syntaxer.pl_old
< $kw =~ s/\$/S/g;
- scriba does not run on Windows 98/95. This is because the command set file owner uses
a Windows NT system call that Windows 98/95 do not implement. We are working on the solution and
a fix will be available in the next build.